Capital Acquisitions Tax (CAT) comprises both Gift Tax and Inheritance Tax.
Ryan Hickey can you help manage CAT in the following areas:
- advise on the CAT implications of gifts or inheritances already received
- assist in planning for the impact of CAT on future gifts or inheritances
Careful planning for CAT has become particularly important for the following reasons;
- Possible future increases in the rate of CAT – currently 33%
- Recent increases in CAT as a result of other changes to legislation e.g. the increase in the CAT rate from 30% to 33% as well as the recent reduction in CAT tax free thresholds
- Tax saving opportunities presented by relatively low values of property and other assets